WEEKLY E-MESSENGER FROM REFORMATION LUTHERAN CHURCH
For the Week Beginning September 8, 2017
Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost
THE WEEK AT REFORMATION
Saturday – 5:00 p.m. Service of Holy Communion
Sunday – 9:30 a.m. Service of Holy Communion
Wednesday – 10 a.m. Eucharist followed by Prayer Ministry
SATURDAY EVENING WORSHIP RESUMES TOMORROW!
RALLY DAY/GOD’S WORK OUR HANDS DAY – THIS SUNDAY
SCS BEGINS THIS WEEK!! WELCOME BACK STUDENTS AND LEADERS!!
LUNCHEON AT 11 FOLLOWING WORSHIP – FREE WILL OFFERING
ASSEMBLY OF SCHOOL KITS FOR LWR
2:00 P.M. COME JOIN US TO WATCH THE NEW LUTHER MOVIE IN THE GREAT ROOM –
NEW APPEALS – LDR
WE HAVE AN OFFER OF A $5500.00 MATCHING FUND FOR DONATIONS TO LDR FOR HURRICANE RELIEF FROM A DONOR AND OUR ENDOWMENT FUND – WON’T YOU HELP REACH OUR GOAL?
WELCA (WOMEN OF THE ELCA) ARE COLLECTING ITEMS FOR FLOOD BUCKETS TO REPLENISH SUPPLIES ALREADY USED FOR HARVEY AND NOW NEEDED FOR IRMA!! SEE DETAILS IN THE GATHERING AREA ON HOW YOU CAN HELP!!
Susan Agnellino, Amy Appleton, Phil Apruzzi, Sarah Beaty, Tim Beaty, Gabriella & Francesca Bellanca, Haley Brunner, Christa & Allan Buergin, Bruce Burnham, Les Cadigan, Matt Callahan, Pamela Cancel, Dominick Caruso, Concetta Cassidy, Jeanmarie Chudzick, Joseph Clarke, George & Claire Crob, Jonna Crocker, Sidney Davis, Zack Davis, Billy Delhanty, Edna Drinkard, George Economy, Steve Elliott, Amanda Ferraro, Dr. Rosemary Fiore, Donald Fore, Margaret Oswald Fowler, Martina Graham, Patricia Grover, Kurt Homza, Sue Homza, Royce Howell, Ann Jamison, Evie Johnson, Don Keller, Alan Keszler, Sharon Kennedy, Brianna Lindsey, Inger LaManna, Wyatt LeMeune, Bob MacDonald, Betty Malone, Jane McKinley, John Mercogliano, Judy Montulet, Jo Nolan, Danielle Orio, Karen Pajek, Tommy Patten, Carol Pennega, Chris Rakowski, Myra Reyes, Pr. Jacky Roderick, Tara Shinn, Miles Skolnick, Anita Smith, Carleen Smith, Michael Smith, Pearl Smith, Peggy Spitz, CJ Stratton, Dolores Strockbine, Kaitlyn Sudowsky, Bobbie Sweger, Gladstone Trott, Pastor Dick Tupy, Francine Yamello, Julian Zotti,
Military: John Barrett, Michael Cirrincione, Chris Benz, and All our Military personnel
Family & Friends of Erich Klaiber and Marvin Hill
If you or a loved would like to be added to the church prayer lists, please call the church office (732-229-9180), email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave Pastor Matt a note. Please help keep the list up to date by sharing the good news of progress and recovery.
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR THE FALL IN DATE ORDER
SIGN-UP SHEETS IN THE BINDER IN THE GATHERING AREA
500TH COMMEMORATION OF THE REFORMATION EVENTS
- Monday, September 18 – Mary Martha Circle meets – new time 1:00 p.m. Bring a brown bag lunch or snack and a “new” item to auction off for our Seafarers gift fundraiser! Details in this week’s bulletin insert
- Saturday, September 23 at 5 p.m. – Dinner Church – Our Saturday evening Service of Holy Communion done in the great room around a pot luck 3 course meal.
- Sunday, September 24 at 2 p.m. at The Center in Asbury Park – CALLING ANYONE WHO LOVES (OR EVEN LIKES) TO COOK – 4 people needed to head up our team of volunteers to plan and cook a meal with Precious Blood’s team of 4 at The Center for approximately 40 people. Arrive at The Center at 2 to prep and cook. Dinner is served at 4. We’re planning music and singing in the gardens after dinner. More are welcome to come and help plus enjoy the dinner, music and singing.
- Saturday, October 14th – Hymn Fest and Service of the Word at 3:30 in the sanctuary followed by a pot luck Oktoberfest here at Reformation in the great room at 5 p.m. This event will be opened to Precious Blood, Holy Trinity Red Bank and other Lutheran congregations in the area. Because of limited seating for the Oktoberfest in the great room, we will be issuing tickets based on those who sign up. It’s imperative that you sign up as soon as possible if you plan to attend the Oktoberfest!! On 8/31 we will be opening this to all the other congregations.
- Sunday, October 29th – Reformation Sunday – Brunch in the Great Room at 11 a.m.
- Sunday, October 29th – Joint event with Precious Blood Catholic Church, Monmouth Beach 2 p.m. to explore the Reformation from both perspectives followed by refreshments. This event will be a worship service based on Pope Francis and Bishop Munib Younan, president of The Lutheran World Federation’s service of Common Prayer for the Joint Catholic-Lutheran Commemoration of the Reformation in Lund, Sweden on Oct. 31, 2016.
We’ve been invited to join Precious Blood for a Prayer Fair on Friday evening September 22nd at 7 p.m. It will be a time to learn about different forms of prayer – labyrinth, centering prayer, meditation, Taize, etc. All are invited and welcomed – bring a friend!!