WEEKLY E-MESSENGER FROM REFORMATION LUTHERAN CHURCH
For the Week Beginning September 15, 2017
Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost
THE WEEK AT REFORMATION
Saturday – 5:00 p.m. Service of Holy Communion
Sunday – 9:30 a.m. Service of Holy Communion
Wednesday – 10 a.m. Eucharist followed by Prayer Ministry
“SAVE THE DATE”
November 1st and November 2nd
It’s time for a new Pictorial Directory!
More information to follow and will be posted as well
For now keep these dates open for scheduling.
This new directory will have a different look
Please plan to be a part of it.
NEW TIME – SAME MARY MARTHA! Monday, September 18 – Mary Martha Circle meets – new time 1:00 p.m. Bring a brown bag lunch or snack and a “new” item to auction off for our Seafarers gift fundraiser! Details in this week’s bulletin insert
Susan Agnellino, Amy Appleton, Phil Apruzzi, Sarah Beaty, Tim Beaty, Gabriella & Francesca Bellanca, Haley Brunner, Christa & Allan Buergin, Bruce Burnham, Les Cadigan, Matt Callahan, Pamela Cancel, Dominick Caruso, Concetta Cassidy, Jeanmarie Chudzick, Joseph Clarke, George & Claire Crob, Jonna Crocker, Sidney Davis, Zack Davis, Billy Delhanty, Edna Drinkard, George Economy, Steve Elliott, Amanda Ferraro, Dr. Rosemary Fiore, Donald Fore, Margaret Oswald Fowler, Martina Graham, Patricia Grover, Kurt Homza, Sue Homza, Royce Howell, Ann Jamison, Evie Johnson, Don Keller, Alan Keszler, Sharon Kennedy, Brianna Lindsey, Inger LaManna, Wyatt LeMeune, Bob MacDonald, Betty Malone, Jane McKinley, John Mercogliano, Judy Montulet, Jo Nolan, Danielle Orio, Karen Pajek, Tommy Patten, Carol Pennega, Chris Rakowski, Myra Reyes, Pr. Jacky Roderick, Tara Shinn, Miles Skolnick, Anita Smith, Carleen Smith, Michael Smith, Pearl Smith, Peggy Spitz, CJ Stratton, Dolores Strockbine, Kaitlyn Sudowsky, Bobbie Sweger, Wilson Torres, Gladstone Trott, Pastor Dick Tupy, Francine Yamello, Julian Zotti,
Military: John Barrett, Michael Cirrincione, Chris Benz, and All our Military personnel
If you or a loved would like to be added to the church prayer lists, please call the church office (732-229-9180), email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave Pastor Matt a note. Please help keep the list up to date by sharing the good news of progress and recovery.
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR THE FALL IN DATE ORDER
SIGN-UP SHEETS IN THE BINDER IN THE GATHERING AREA
500TH COMMEMORATION OF THE REFORMATION EVENTS
- Saturday, September 23 at 5 p.m. – Dinner Church – Our Saturday evening Service of Holy Communion done in the great room around a pot luck 3 course meal.
- Sunday, September 24 at 2 p.m. at The Center in Asbury Park – CALLING ANYONE WHO LOVES (OR EVEN LIKES) TO COOK – 4 people needed to head up our team of volunteers to plan and cook a meal with Precious Blood’s team of 4 at The Center for approximately 40 people. Arrive at The Center at 2 to prep and cook. Dinner is served at 4. We’re planning music and singing in the gardens after dinner. More are welcome to come and help plus enjoy the dinner, music and singing.
- Saturday, October 14th – Hymn Fest and Service of the Word at 3:30 in the sanctuary followed by a pot luck Oktoberfest here at Reformation in the great room at 5 p.m. This event will be opened to Precious Blood, Holy Trinity Red Bank and other Lutheran congregations in the area. Because of limited seating for the Oktoberfest in the great room, we will be issuing tickets based on those who sign up. It’s imperative that you sign up as soon as possible if you plan to attend the Oktoberfest!! On 8/31 we will be opening this to all the other congregations.
- Sunday, October 29th – Reformation Sunday – Brunch in the Great Room at 11 a.m.
- Sunday, October 29th – Joint event with Precious Blood Catholic Church, Monmouth Beach 2 p.m. to explore the Reformation from both perspectives followed by refreshments. This event will be a worship service based on Pope Francis and Bishop Munib Younan, president of The Lutheran World Federation’s service of Common Prayer for the Joint Catholic-Lutheran Commemoration of the Reformation in Lund, Sweden on Oct. 31, 2016.
We’ve been invited to join Precious Blood for a Prayer Fair on Friday evening September 22nd at 7 p.m. It will be a time to learn about different forms of prayer – labyrinth, centering prayer, meditation, Taize, etc. All are invited and welcomed – bring a friend!!